Friday, September 14, 2012

Dip-dye dress

Spending so much time in the studio this week has re-energized my fashion DIY side. I have a dress I bought a while back that I love (or I guess I love the idea of.) I have just never worn it because it is very see through, it is a knit maxi so wearing a slip underneath shows lots of seams and such and pretty much doesn't look great. So it has hung there...I don't know why I didn't return it, but I didn't. Sooooo now I feel like I had better do something with it -- enter the dip dye idea.
DIY dip dye


Ombre still has its place in fashion  so I am going to attempt to ombre the dress. Today. While packing. I'm on it!! I found a tutorial over at a pair and a spare that gave me a little insight into technique. I'll take pics as I go and will hopefully have a successful go at it! Hopefully!  I'll be posting pics on my instagram feed of me in the dress sometime next week (if it ends up presentable!) . Wish me luck!

Have you done any fashion DIY? Upcycles, etc?? I'd love to hear about them!
Happy Stylish Friday! Linking up with the usual gals.Linking up with my usual lovelies! Friday Fancies at Long Distance Loving, Fashion Friday at Blonde Episodes and Casual Friday at Two thirty-five designs. Swing on by for a dose of fashion inspiration!

 post signature

2 comments:

smk053078 said...

Ooooooh, I can't wait to see it. You have such an amazing eye for colors and design. So, it will turn out perfect! I am sure of it.

Minted Glam said...

Great idea! Just found your blog & love it - newest follower!

Katherine

http://mintedglam.blogspot.com/