Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Make it. Wear it.

The crafting and sewing industry is taking off...I guess I should say HAS taken off! I am so happy to see that DIY and handmade have gone chic! I think there is something really amazing about wearing handmade one of a kind pieces...and mix a little vintage in there and you'll find me doing the happy dance in the mirror! The girls love my happy dance!

This week I have been sporting handmade or vintage belts paired with simple outfits. Seven for all Man Kind jeans, a white tee and a Gardenhouse belt...the shoes are from Kohl's - Vera Wang. They are adorbs but the stitching along the back rubbed horribly. They will need a little tweaking to be comfy but for $23 who can complain??!!

Belt

Gardenhouse belt,  denim shirt (Target boys section! I have no shame when it comes to affordable and fashionable!!) neon Old Navy shorts.  Can you tell I love these shorts?? They are worn weekly! And they were $15! Paired with a pricey PRIZED coveted Givenchy necklace - of course!! Keepin' mixed up and real!
Belt

And yesterday, A vintage gold fish scale belt, vintage Givenchy necklace -- do you see a pattern here??)COH flares, a navy and white tank from F21 and my new fave shoes. Leopard.everyday! lol. If you would like a similar belt, they are in the shop This outfit was for a trip to the salon...I went a bit ombre!

Gold

It's a HUGE step for me as I am a total chicken when it comes to changing my hair. It's subtle but perfect!

Ombré
I absolutely LOVE it! If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen these pics. If you don't follow me, head on over and get on board! It's the crazy train.

Making my usual Wednesday rounds! Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I wore Wednesday.

post signature

5 comments:

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Great accessories :)

Andrea {blonde ambitions} said...

seriously love all of your outfits! your belts are amazing and I'm loving those necklaces!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Everything is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Lady S - I love your style & will get 1 of your wide belts...just dont know what yet...you'll be hearing from me soon. Need to go to Kohls...never saw the Vera stuff.
MOX

simplychic said...

love the stripes and leoprad together :)