Thursday, May 31, 2012

What I wore...upcycled shorts

What I wore...er...Wednesday... on Thursday. It's been one of those weeks so far. Allergies have me DRAGGING! Drapes for sure will not be done by the end of the week....which I cannot believe is basically ONE day away! I shouldn't be such a Negative Nellie, I really shouldn't! I do get a lot done but more always gets added to that darn list! On a positive note I just realized we have absolutely.nothing.planned this weekend! Yay! it has been so long since we have had a free weekend. Maybe green curtains ARE on the horizon after all! My naked walls are starting to get to me. lol. And I won't hang anything until those are up. I'm on it! There. Change in attitude.


Clearly I am on a green kick lately. Yesterday I took a little time to upcycle a pair of $5 sweat shorts from Target (inspired by this Friday Style File post) ....Yep, those are $5 sweat-shorts paired with a Tucker blouse and Sam Edelman gold linen heels. Giggle. Bracelets are vintage and from Foerver21. Necklace is Stella and Dot Panther...a go-to lately.  It's easy to mix in seriously...eh-hem..."affordable" pieces with pieces that are not as affordable and pull off the whole look rather easily: Style note No. 1: don't be afraid of cheap things.

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy What I wore Wednesday . Head that way and look around, I'm sure you'll stumble on a few new blogs that you love.

Happy What I Wore Wednesday Thursday!

 post signature

3 comments:

smk053078 said...

No way!!! Those ARE NOT sweat pant shorts!!!! So adorable. I am super impressed! Thanks for stopping by my blog! New follower here!!! Cheers!
xo,
Shanna

TwoThirtyFiveDesigns said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! It is all fabulous!

I would be absolutely honored to have you link this up on my Casual Friday link up party that started yesterday, it would be perfect!

Thanks!
Allison http://twothirtyfivedesigns.blogspot.com/

MissRockwell said...

Wow! I would've NEVER guessed that they were sweatshorts. Not only are they a great color but they fit you like a charm.

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com