Friday, May 11, 2012

Basic Style

Well hello there! I know. Absent here lately. My mom has been in town so I have been under a rock of paint :) What do I have to show for it? A newly painted family room and kitchen! Love it! I'll post pics when I get everything back up on the walls and the curtains hung. Green curtains ;)
day to night

Since I missed the What I wore Wednesday post, I thought I would polyvore it for you. Wednesday I spent the day at the flea market with my mom and a girl friend. We had a fantastic time and I picked up a few more vintage baubles for the shop. I wore a slouchy plain white tee, jeans, flip flops and a fedora since we were in Ventura and 100 yards from the shore there was a chilly breeze. When we got home it was 90 degrees so I quickly slipped on some shorts. And as the evening drew close I really started to think about how accessories can change a whole outfit (probably due to the super fancy sparkly vintage necklace I found at the flea market.) It's BEYOND!!  So sparkly and chic my mom said it lit up my face. Another one that will be hard to list but will for sure make it to the shop. ;)


If I were having dinner with friends that night, I could have kept the same print shorts on, same shirt, upgraded to some gold heels and a few sparkly bauble and chic clutch and been ready to go. I love that! Versatile staples that can go either direction. Kate Spade was right when she said accessories are essential. I believe they actually allow you to have fewer clothes in your closet. Just pick the right basics and add accessories to throw them which ever direction you like. What do you guys think of those dining chairs? Looking for new ones for our dining room and absolutely love both of those....thoughts? Maybe I'll find somewhere in LA to go try them out this weekend...it's Mother's Day WEEKEND so it alllll miiiinnnne! What are your plans for Mothers Day? Today I'm treating my mom to a little shopping and a pedi.

Happy Stylish Friday.
Have a fabulous weekend!
 post signature

2 comments:

Lori said...

Very nice!

Ioana-Carmen said...

Love it darling! lets follow each other <3

FashionSpot.ro