Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sparkle to the Rain.

Some people love waking up to the sound of rain. I...am not one of them. It just makes me want to stay in bed! The rain this morning is no different. Bleck. But I did lumber out of bed with a clear vision of Uggs. Do you love them? Do you hate them? I know I should hate them...I really should! They are not flattering in any way, shape or form. Especially because I have big feet (9 1/2)-- they don't make my feet look any smaller. But...I love me a good pair of Uggs. A few years back I managed to find a pair that no one else has (secret smile) and I did score them at the Ugg outlet for under $100. When I was trying them on, a lady stopped and said "I would buy those if I could work them like you" SOLD!! lol. {Mr. H. thinks I'm a little bit crazy every time I wear them.}


Today I'm adding a little chic to the mix in the form of a gold sweater. Something sparkly is a MUST on a gloomy day like today - add a dash of jewelry and we're off to a good start.


These are a few pieces (taken with my phone-- gasp!!  in a rush today!!) that will be in the shop over the weekend. The Lucite necklace it BEYOND! It will pain me to part with it....it's totally one of those pieces that I'll think about forever-- until I find another to buy for myself! The rest of the outfit....the sweater is from a local boutique, the plaid shirt is from the boys section at Target!! I'm obsessed with boys shirts at Target.  Coral and grey plaid and $12.99...yes please!! I am usually an xs/s in women's and the boys size 12-14 fits perfectly. Jeggings -- Joe's Jeans from Piperlime....Could live in these!

Maybe a gloomy day is not the worst thing in the world when you add a dash of sparkle and shine. And now I'm off to lock myself in the studio for the day.... There's always a bright side to everything. Choose Joy.

Linking up with Work it Wednesday at A Little Bit of Laquer as well as What I wore Wednesday over at the Pleated Poppy.

post signature

3 comments:

Bonny said...

Simone I love your blogs! I have bought jean skirts in the girl's dept. A 12 fis me great!
Looking forward to Saturday! BTW. love the uggs!

Daryl said...

This is great! I just found your blog today - and I am seriously impressed with the way you worked this outfit to make your ugs fashionable. I own a pair which I only wear when it's really cold or I'm lazy/sick! kudos!

<3 Daryl
Roots, Wings, and Other Things.

Lori said...

I found you from Forty Toes FB post, then your Etsy shop. I'm new to Blogger, so happy to find another good read :-)